Home Vocal Health and Wellness


I am a person who dont easily understand how other People experience stuff so please be very concrete with me. Some talk about passagio (bridge in English?). I see different bridges in my voice. I need help with what the correct terminology would be. I have my speaking voice around D#3/E3. When I go lower to Bb2 I go to my lower voice (bellow speaking voice). There is a bridge between those. If I go higher to G3 I go above the speaking voice. There is a bridge between those. If I go even higher to D4 there is Another bridge. Then at F#4 there is another bridge. The at G#4 there is yet another bridge. What is the correct vocal terminology for this?


  • Options
    Can you post a video or an audio clip so we can see/hear what you are talking about?

    It could be quite a few different things, and to speculate wouldn't do you any justice.

    Peace, Tony
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,359
    You didn't say whether you were male or female. F#4 and G#4 being only one full step apart, are most likely the same bridge, but you haven't sorted out what to do there, so you may just be indecisive in that area. That area is likely your secondo passagio. D4 is about right for the primo passaggio for many males. As to G3, there can be a number of places along the full range of a voice where a slight adjustment is needed in order to stay on track.

    A demo would help.
Sign In or Register to comment.