Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hi everybody

SpykSpyk Enrolled Posts: 54
Hi everyone. My name is Ken as well. I have been a guitars for 15 years and have allot of material I need vocals over. I'm a bit ocd when it comes to things so I've figured I want to take the task on my self. Currently have a vocal coach and rediscovered these videos I bought over a couple years ago. I'm very technical based so it's been so little hard for me to learn because I don't know what I'm doing wrong or how something is supposed to feel so I seem to have these moments where it's like oh that's right. I've sang wrong for 10 years now but within that time I've definitely gained an ear for pitch. Hope to find answers I'm looking for in the forums and hope to one day be able to help.

Comments

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Ken, @Spyk

a warm Welcome from Germany. You have come to the right place. There are many nice students here.

Doc
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
  • Options
    Furious_PhilFurious_Phil Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,421
    Welcome @Spyk ,

Go over the YouTube videos as much as possible and learn as much as you can from them. If and when you find that you are still hungry for more, get the course and push it as far as you can!

Cheers,
    Phillip
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Hey @Spyk!
    Pleased to meet your acquaintance, my name is Diego from Honduras.
    Welcome to the KTVA forums!
    We have a beautiful and fun community that only breathes positivity. If you do get stuck with a video or anything don't be afraid to ask. Moderators or experienced students will answer your doubts!

Have fun!
  • Options
    Everyone seems really awesome as of so far :smile: Very happy to be apart of the community. I am having uncommon issues that don't seem to get diagnosed often and mistaken for other issues so I have been very discouraged. Almost certain my issue is not diaphragmatic and is proper cord closure on lower notes. I can belt without the loss of air, open clear tone, and in almost 3 octaves but I am not happy with the sound of my voice (timber I guess would be the right word). I have been very discouraged so I am hoping this forum can really help me diagnose the not so common issues that can be mistaken for others before I pull my hair out :smiley:
  • Options
    cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Welcome, @Spyk . I'm Chris from USA. Also a little OCD, guitar player for 35+ years, wanting to improve my singing. I did "free" KTVA off and on for a couple years before buying Pro a couple months ago. As others have said, watch and learn from "free", and buy when / if you're ready.

Outside of the KTVA course, this forum has been the best for me. Not to sound like a commercial, but to my surprise the forum - paid portion that you don't have access to - has been worth as much as the course itself - for me anyway.

Guys like @doc_ramadani, @HuduVudu , @Furious_Phil, and @Diego are phenomenal.
  • Options
    Yeah I bought it already lol I feel confident I figured out my issue. If I try the movie phone voice or announcer voice and made it all done with chest it forces compression from my abdomen and forces my vocal closure to happen without any strain. Makes me able to reduce volume or increase with no air sound. I just needed the right state of mind. I knew it was a functionality. Insane amount of improvement with control doing it this way now. I haven't been this happy in quite a while!!!
  • Options
    I do love the course BTW. It is amazing and is helping my voice be more open and by range is killer. Last we checked I'm just under 3 octives and that was before discovering this way to make my brain understand what needs to be done.
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Spyk,

Since you purchased the course you should get your forum status updated. Please find the instructions here.

The you will be able to access the students' areas where you find a ton of informations, videos, ...

Doc
  • Options
    @doc_ramadani I'm actually having an issue locating the email.... That's a bugger. It's been a few years since I purchased the course. Any way they would still have that on file or does the course I bought not include access with how long ago it was?
  • Options
    Hi @Spyk,

ok, it is worth to spend some time to find the E-Mail. The problem is that there are sites sharing torrents of the course (mostly outdated versions) and people want to gain access to the forums without having bought the program. So the KTVA headquarter has to be sure that you are eligible to the get the appropriate forum status. If you can not find the E-Mail with the receipt you should contact the KTVA headquarters and ask for help. But be patient, they have a lot of work. The E-Mail address of the support team is mailto:ktvahelp@gmail.com.

Doc
  • Options
    @doc_ramadani I'll keep looking. I totally understand. Allot of people try to get things for free now adays and it's hard to hold on to that. I have 3 emails I use that I still have access to and I'm not sure which I used to buy the program. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Hi @Spyk,

it would be great to have you here among us in the students' areas.

Doc
  • Options
    Ok I sent the email. My records only go as far back as 2017 and I believe my purchase predated that.
  • Options
    Okay, I am sure that they will find the record. Where are you from, @Spyk. I am from Germany. Doc
  • Options
    Venice FL USA. Retirement area. Very hard to find musical instruction here. Learned guitar by ear at first and moved on to technique after. 😊. I feel I'm figuring things out quick for singing but there again sometimes you think you figure it out and it's poor technique.
  • Options
    They got back to me and found by recite 😀. They said just respond to the email and we should be good so just waiting now. @doc_ramadani
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    @Spyk you are now in. You will notice the green Enrolled flag next to your name.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help @doc_ramadani and @HuduVudu
  • Options
    Hi @Spyk,

wow, Florida, I have not been there yet. But someday ... maybe. Good to have you enrolled in the course.

Doc
  • Options
    Thanks @doc_ramadani . I want this bad. Just might help to have support on my confused moments. Glad to be a part of the forums
  • Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004