Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

Changing voice texture

Hey guys, not sure if this is the place for this post, my voice always sounded pretty thin to me, maybe cause i might be a tenor...? I can reach high notes somewhat easily, like ac dc and zepplin, etc. However ive always enjoyed singers with more power and deeper voices, they have that thick texture in their voices.
I would rather listen to a D5 with a baritone like chest voice, then a D6 with a tenor head voice. Not sure if you guys know what i mean...is it possible to sing mid and higher notes with a more baritonish texture for a thin voice?

Comments

• Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    edited February 2019
    That's what we practice at KTVA. :smile:
    We want to build a good chest voice and a good headvoice. Work all of the parts of our voice so we can create a big, long powerful note. What textures you want to experiment with are up to you. Usually you have to add more weight to the sound to make it sound more full ,deeper voices you can achieve usually with a lowered larynx positions.

Shane ( @HuduVudu ) can probably give you a more in-depth answer.
    If I'm wrong about something, then please, correct me, moderators and such.
  • Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    ...is it possible to sing mid and higher notes with a more baritonish texture for a thin voice?
    Yes, but you need to understand two things 1) how to pull up your chest voice 2) how to create resonance.

Ken talking out how to work on your chest voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9J3iEn4Gqc

Ken talking about how your voice works and at about 11:00 he talks about the resonators that you use to create sound. If you learn how to use these resonators to your advantage you can create a very loud powerful sound with very minimal effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD9B2Xok6aE

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    ItsMeJohnnyItsMeJohnny Member Posts: 20
    Oh wow, quick answers. Thank you so much guys, your guidance really does help alot :D