Home› GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Does Some People Need Some Special Methods?

I always confused to keep my throat open when singing using lyrics. (Laaa) bright ping open throat scale or singing without lyric in the mix voice is easy, cause my throat always open. So, i decided to push my lower jaw a little bit forward to keeping the throat stay open now i can sing better and free from cracking. I do this without any tension, while i focused to my voice production.

It is normal to some people had a unique mouth position? Bruno Mars i see he is push his jaw forward. I think this is the only way for me to keeping my throat open when singing with lyrics without shaping big open mouth like opera singer. Without doing this, i always get swallowing sensation after 3 - 4 songs 😂

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    it is normal that it is easier without the lyrics. the consonants close down your throat. how long have you been working on Ken's exercises? did you give yourself enough time to build muscle memory? what seems like a shortcut now might be a problem down the line. even with a lot of practice, it is not that easy to keep your throat open all the time.