Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

A little help for a fellow noob singer c:

Hello everyone. First of all, i apologize if i am posting this in the wrong category, im not used to this forum yet. So, recently i was told that i am a tenor (my voice goes F#2 to B#7 and my passagio lies around B4 sometimes B#4 ) but, since i've never taken any vocal lessons, i cant see enought progression on my voice. Since i've been recently practicing mixed voice, i dont know how to make it look like a belting note or a "chestier mix". Also, i have a very stuck voice with little volume and a looooot of tension. Can someone give me some tips about how to develop my voice and mix? And am i a tenor or not? I Will be very thankfull with all the help i can get from you c:

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    If your secondo passaggio is around B4, then you are likely a tenor. Since there is no B#4, only C5 that's a relatively high passaggio for a male. You don't want to put a lot of volume on your voice, especially if you have a lot of tension. Mix voice is kind of an advanced topic. Working on mix comes after properly developing your chest voice and head voice. Those are whole topics in and of themselves. You might want to post some video or audio of you doing some scales through the regions you want to develop.
  • Options
    KratosPresidentKratosPresident Member Posts: 3
    What is the secondo passagio? Is it the transition between mixed voice and head voice? Is there another way to hit those high notes? I was actually told that i am a tenor, but i dont feel that brightness in my high notes, maybe because i cant see to find a way to put my voice out of the throat. Many thanks for the help!!
  • Options
    Gaston_JaureguiGaston_Jauregui Moderator, Enrolled, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,004
    edited April 2019
    @KratosPresident check this video, this is the most important thing in order to release tension, the scondo passaggio is the second bridge but mixed voice a more advanced term, you should really study on pulling your chest as far as you can go without making transitions first, otherwise you will weaken your mixed voice in time, its a lot of info so I would start with this video and post a sample audio so we get an idea of what you are doing and what you understood of what i just told you applying this video

hope this helps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3T-xA28fE&t=3s
  • Options
    KratosPresidentKratosPresident Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for all the help!