Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Any hope for an older singer?

Just wanting your opinion on whether i am trainable or not! I have been a musician for a while, but only started singing as a solo artist in restaurants and pubs 10 months ago, at the tender age of 59! I don't rate my singing as great, and get away with a lot of sins by disguising the vocals with tone and effects when singing live! I'm not sure if my voice is trainable at my age? (Talk about a late bloomer! lol) Anyway, let me know. I have put up some tracks on reverbnation, my best in my humble opinion being my own original, "wakeup"....the covers aren't that great 😞
https://www.reverbnation.com/leevee/songs

Best Answers

Answers

• leeveeleevee Posts: 3Member
    Thank you Klaus and Shane - you guys answered my question and confirmed that my doubts about me progressing at my age were silly - age is not a factor - yes, i have to work harder at it than than younger guys, but i know i can do it, and "make music the last thing i will ever do!"
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 2,033Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @leevee ,

I am Marco and I am 48 years old. I will turn 49 in July. I started Singing 9 months ago.

I listened also to "Wakeup" - very, veeeeery cool vibe. Good pitch, very good musical feeling. Hey, man, you definitely will grow if you work on your voice. Klaus found nice words:

as long as you are alive, you are still trainable ;)

A very warm Welcome form Germany,
    Doc
  • leeveeleevee Posts: 3Member
    thanks Marco :-)