Greetings, Everybody!
Moviefan2k4
Member Posts: 19
Hey, all. My name is Josh, and I stumbled across this website thanks to some videos of Ken's I saw on YouTube. I've always loved singing, even though I would never consider myself a professional at all. I was in my junior-high school choir as a teenager, but that was almost 25 years ago...and being a baritone really sucks when so many of your fave songs are in the tenor range. I remember that my class did have to memorize all the songs from "Aladdin" and "Beauty and the Beast", which was challenging but fun at the same time. To this day, I know all the words to every song in those movies by heart, so there's no impairing my memory. Some of my fave musicians include Rascal Flatts, Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant, Michael Jackson, Skillet, and the Backstreet Boys.
Aside from singing, I'm a Photoshop junkie, having learned the basics in college and taught myself a lot of other stuff with it since 2003. I'm glad to be here, so thanks for having me; I appreciate it. God Bless!
Aside from singing, I'm a Photoshop junkie, having learned the basics in college and taught myself a lot of other stuff with it since 2003. I'm glad to be here, so thanks for having me; I appreciate it. God Bless!
Comments
-
Hi Josh, Welcome
-
Hi, Josh. Welcome from Florida.
I understand about being a baritone and not being able to sing what you want. I was also in the choir many years ago and being an alto, I had a similar issue with all the sopranos singing the melody. Do you enjoy the harmonizing? -
I tend to go with the harmony by default, since that's what I usually hear with most songs and I try to sing along.
Oh, and I'm from Texas by the way; forgot to mention that in my first post. -
Welcome Josh!
-
Thank you very much, Gaston! I look forward to learning a lot around here.
-
Hi Josh,
a very warm Welcome from Germany, too.
Doc -
Welcome Josh
Good to have you! @Moviefan2k4
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy




