Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

How was your improvement with Ken Tamplin's course?

About vocal range. My vocal range is G2-F4, and I'm 19 years old. I would like to know how long does it take do add some high notes at my vocal range if I buy the course!? I would love to sing a D5 or an E5.

And about you?

How long did you take to improve your vocal range? Since when did you buy the course? And What was your vocal range before this program?

Comments

• zowmanzowman STREAMING PRO Posts: 61
    edited May 2019
    It's different for every person. But in about three months, I could hit a B4 or C5 in full chest voice. You can see the difference in these two videos of me doing the LAH triad skill, one when I began the course, and the other about three months later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMl6AQufuu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnMTv_HBzO4

I'm coming up close to a year doing the course and I can hit E5 and F5 in full chest but it's kind of hit and miss. They are very challenging notes for me to hit and I am hoping with time they will become easier with added strength and improved vowel placing and positioning. Sufficeth to say, again, it's different for every person, nonetheless, if you put the necessary practice (1 hour a day, 5-6 days a week) you will improve and singing higher will become much easier and you will be singing things that you thought you never could before.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I can second what @zowman says. Nearly everyone that is on the course increased their usable range within a month to varying degrees. Personally I found that the way Ken teaches allows you to use your immediate range very effectively and the reason the initial increase comes so quickly is because what was your limit before becomes much easier. Also the student area of the forum is a real gift. Access to it is worth the cost of the course all over again. I’m 8 or so months in and I look forward to scales every day now because it’s helped me so much, it’s awesome!
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    For me: I gained a major sixth in range over my first 6 months on the course and a loooooot of control over my voice. Especially my pitch improved. When I started I was not able to sing one not on pitch. THIS COURSE IS AMAZING.
    The course it self contains all the info you need about how to sing using open throat technique. The exercises are mainly scales. Before I started the course I used to disregard scales and thought if I just kept singing I would get better but trust me the scales and how Ken lays them out is the reason I feel like I have improved so much. Think about any sport, in between games it’s all about practice, drills and exercise. This is what scales are like for singing.
    Well you sing afterwards. I actually prefer singing after I’ve done at least an hour of scales. My voice feels so much better. Like I said, scales are the training the, game time is the singing.
    Also I’m no musician and I sing just for fun with no ambition to perform. I started “singing” about 6 months or so before buying the course. I still don’t really know about what my highest note is ect.. but I’m able to get through entire songs now that before I had to change octaves when it got too high or low. The scales will help you way faster to increase your range and control your voice. There is so much more going on in there then what I first thought. It’s something you will do for the rest of your life if you want to maintain and improve. What we do as training now is what a performer will do just for a warm up before every show. It’s not a quick fix and you will need to put in the time and effort. The 1 hr a day 6 days is just the beginning, eventually you will likely need to do more hours each week in the months and years down the track.