Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

My voice always breaks if I want to sing low notes after sing a song with belting

MaxmuMaxmu 2.0 PRO Posts: 79
edited May 2019 in Vocal Health and Wellness
If I belt like the E4 F4 F# G notes for 15 minutes and go to sing low notes my voice breaks in the low( A2 A#2 B2) sometimes C3).

I want to solve this problem, any idea's.

Maybe I need to train more the low register, and control the high register(not over-singing)? And I'm still busy with gaining notes like I mentioned in this topic/discussion https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/comment/59680#.

That can be both things what gives my this problem .

Do you have any idea's to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    As far as I know, your voice can get “set” depending on what you are doing at the time. If you are singing or doing really high scales then try to go really low it won’t want to do it straight away. I guess the same with belting, you are using a certain amount of support and going low uses different muscles and vocal tract positions, it’s like a shock. You either need to spend more time at the bottom doing scales before you want to sing the low notes or hopefully with time as your voice matures and your range expands this becomes less of an issue.
  • Options
    MaxmuMaxmu 2.0 PRO Posts: 79
    Wigs said:

As far as I know, your voice can get “set” depending on what you are doing at the time. If you are singing or doing really high scales then try to go really low it won’t want to do it straight away. I guess the same with belting, you are using a certain amount of support and going low uses different muscles and vocal tract positions, it’s like a shock. You either need to spend more time at the bottom doing scales before you want to sing the low notes or hopefully with time as your voice matures and your range expands this becomes less of an issue.

Thanks for your reply!
    Do you know which scale in Ken's course I can practise for the low notes?