Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Singing into mic and having problem

Hi everyone I am having a problem with my mic where I sing into the mic and it affects my instrumental sound when I sing, like (blowy sound and cuts the instrumental and makes it sound shit. It’s not me cause I’ve fix this before but I haven’t gotten on my mic for ages and just forgot how to do it unfortunately. I have 2 stations one with my singing and1 with instrumental on GarageBand. Can anyone help me?

Kind regardss
Hayden

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 1,589Administrator, Moderator, Premium, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
  • blondiewalesblondiewales Posts: 341Pro
    I'm a little confused by your problem. You record a vocal track and it affects the backing track you're singing over?

2 things off the top of my head:

1.) Make sure you're only arming and recording on the vocal track, not on the vocal track AND the instrumental track.

2.) Make sure your input is set to your actual mic, and not your computer or laptop's internal microphone.

If it's not either of those, taking a screenshot of GarageBand while you're having this issue could be helpful.
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 2,436Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @Haydenator,

like @blondiewales I am a little confused by you problem. Make sure to check the things blondie mentioned. If you sing into the mic look which VU meter shows the incoming signal.

Doc
  • HaydenatorHaydenator Posts: 262.0 PRO
    Hi and that’ll be the problem ay. Makes sence ay. Appreciate the answer. I’m at work so Imma try that out and give it a go and get back