Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Can males have vocal nodules?

So in the last 2 weeks ive started to feel a scrachy quality to my voice when belting G#4 which sounds like a beggining of a vocal nodule but ive heard that its extremely rare to happen to males? Could it be bcoz of the irritated vocal cords? I can sing every note just like i did before, no range drop no nothing, but after i sing i feel irritation through my throat, currently on a voice rest tho

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    Vocal nodules are not rare for males and WILL happen if you sing improperly. I can almost guarantee the cause for your pain is that you are using too much air when you are singing. This is always caused by incorrect diaphragmatic support.

Ken talks about that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3T-xA28fE
  • Jack12343212Jack12343212 Member Posts: 9
    HuduVudu said:

Vocal nodules are not rare for males and WILL happen if you sing improperly. I can almost guarantee the cause for your pain is that you are using too much air when you are singing. This is always caused by incorrect diaphragmatic support.

Ken talks about that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv3T-xA28fE

I admit that i was probably using too much air trying to belt but i usually sing very light (i still sing alot and that might have been the base of the problem), do u recommend that i go to an ENT or try resting, i have only spoken 2 words in the past 3 days, and it feels much better but theres still a very slight irritation (kinda what u get when u have a cough) its weird that i feel it in the trachea and not the vocal cords, i dont really understand it
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Jack12343212,

as a medical doctor I would recommend you to rest 2 weeks and avoid speaking. Then try again singing, but very lightly, If the problem persist consultate an ENT.

Doc
  • Jack12343212Jack12343212 Member Posts: 9

Hi @Jack12343212,

as a medical doctor I would recommend you to rest 2 weeks and avoid speaking. Then try again singing, but very lightly, If the problem persist consultate an ENT.

Doc

I will do that, Thank you doc