Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hi

MariaVMariaV Posts: 6Member
Hi,

My name is Maria, I want to be a professional singer.

I will be buying How to sing better than anyone else soon.

This recording is from a few months ago, I'd like to know what my strengths and weaknesses are.

Thank you so much 💜

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2165499596806874&id=1808756125814558&sfnsn=mo&s=100004977723529&w=y

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Posts: 14,605Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro
    edited August 8
    @MariaV

You have strengths in your accurate pitch, good breath control, and being "in" the song.

I would encourage you to sing "tears" and "fears" the same way you are singing "years".

You sing Years as a single syllable, a single vowel. Tears you sing Te-yers and fears you sing Fee-yers. Try instead to sustain on the E vowel and then just close the note out on a quick, short r. Maximize vowels, minimize consonants. That makes singing more sonorous.

All the Best!

Bob
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 1,6382.0 PRO
    Maria I would love to hear what you have sung, but there are us crazy ones out there that don't have Facebook. :wink:
  • MariaVMariaV Posts: 6Member
    HuduVudu said:

Maria I would love to hear what you have sung, but there are us crazy ones out there that don't have Facebook. :wink:

Sure, do you have instagram?

Or will only Youtube do?
  • HuduVuduHuduVudu Posts: 1,6382.0 PRO
    I don't have Instagram :(

YouTube will work for me though. :)
    Ok, this is a different song as it is the only one I have on YouTube at the moment 😁

highmtn said:

@MariaV

You have strengths in your accurate pitch, good breath control, and being "in" the song.

I would encourage you to sing "tears" and "fears" the same way you are singing "years".

You sing Years as a single syllable, a single vowel. Tears you sing Te-yers and fears you sing Fee-yers. Try instead to sustain on the E vowel and then just close the note out on a quick, short r. Maximize vowels, minimize consonants. That makes singing more sonorous.

All the Best!

Bob

Thanks Bob 😁
  • samw2019samw2019 Posts: 2852.0 PRO
    Hi, I've started training Ken's course not along ago and finding the training a challenge but I enjoy it and glad I bought it, I took my time deciding to buy it after watching his youtube videos on singing training. I listened to your youtube song that was great I thought, all the best.
    edited August 13
    @samw2019 yeah I am definitely buying the program as soon as possible

And thanks 😁
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 3,248Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @MariaV,

you are at a very good starting point. You should definitely consider to get the course. It will help you to grow your voice into a new dimension. Very nice rendition of Sarah's song. Kudos.

Doc