Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

My high pitch singing - what do you think?

Hello, I made a demo singing Muse - Showbiz. There are some mistakes because I've been singing using karaoke video with lyrics, so I didn't mastered the song. But what do you, guys think about vocals? Should I do this song with band after some work with that? Hope to see many useful and enlightening tips. God bless you :)
Edit: Oops, I didn't added the demo, it will be here after a while.
Edit2: And here you are: https://clyp.it/m12nc3me?token=e795f18a56150161e9e4a1523fff1e26

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 2,855Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @ElGreco,

thanks for posting you demo. I was quite surprised about you strong head voice.

On your first demo our friend @HuduVudu posted you a video about diaphragmatic support. I think that this still needs some work. Do you sing scales or do any kind of regular practice routine?

Doc
  • ElGrecoElGreco Posts: 15Member
    edited September 21

Hi @ElGreco,

thanks for posting you demo. I was quite surprised about you strong head voice.

On your first demo our friend @HuduVudu posted you a video about diaphragmatic support. I think that this still needs some work. Do you sing scales or do any kind of regular practice routine?

Doc

Thank you so much for an opinion. Yes, I do it now, but I had some break in regular training. I had no motivation for a while but now when I set amateur band with friends I have such a lot. There's nothing more motivating than fact you have be ready for next rehersal. What's my problem with diaphragmatic? I don't know why, just if I focus about diaphragmathic or song is too difficult I think I do it right, but sometimes I just do it wrong. How to train diaphragmatic? I have also noticed too, I have sometimes problem with coming back to strong but clear sound after longer distorted singing. How to correct it?
  • ElGrecoElGreco Posts: 15Member
    edited September 22
    @doc_ramadani I did another take after some training - https://clyp.it/hj0eyf4x?token=e5cc487cc41900f82a7cb8964ff487cd - it would be nice if you would take a look. But warning - about 4:40 there's sound distorted by mic - I couldn't move back more from mic and it was quite loud sound. :P

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 2,855Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @ElGreco,

it is crucial that we practice on a regular basis. If you take you singing serious you should practice 5-6 days a week for at least an hour. Nice recording.

Doc