Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi!

capperdogcapperdog 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
edited September 2019 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
My name is Stephen and I just signed up.
I have been singing for a very long time, but acid re flux, nerve damage and eventually a surgical implant to fix the nerve damage basically took my voice from me for about 12 years.
I was recently asked to lead worship, solo just me and my guitar, at my church... It was terrifying, but I pulled it off. Things have skyrocketed from there. My voice today is better than it was when I lost it... The good Lord does answer prayers. He was just waiting for me to ask...
I now have a budding Music Ministry in Galveston TX and at 51 years old have a fire to play and sing that is white hot compared to when I was doing this professionally in my 20-40's!
All those years and injury have left some bad habits to address and even after just one free video on YouTube from Ken I became a better singer... I have taken lessons from some of the best, but never felt they did me any good. Ken in 30 minutes made me better. God Bless you brother!!

Anyway that is the short version.
I just wanted to say hi and God Bless each and every one of you as we journey together.
Stephen o:)

Comments

• samw2019samw2019 2.0 PRO Posts: 285
    Hi Stephen that's quite the singing journey and wish you the best with your training, Ive been goin at it only on my 12th week so far but it's good!
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    Welcome to the course @capperdog Stephen its great to have you back singing, this course will sort all your bad habits and learn a much safer way to apply your singing.

I am 45 from the uk and been on the course nearly a year now, been hard work sorting out pitch issues and building the voice. Can tell you the learning process is endless but very rewarding.

Vocality :)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Stephen,

a very warm Welcome also from Germany. Good to see you on "2.0 PRO". A wise choice.

Doc
  • capperdogcapperdog 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    edited September 2019
    So good to hear from you all. Thanks for the worldwide welcome! WOW!

I pray for the well-being of all of us as we follow our callings and am just so excited to work with so many passionate vocalist... From Glory to Glory my brothers...

There are no coincidences in this world... I was not looking for a vocal coach when I found Ken... Just sayin. o:)

God Bless
    Stephen