Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hi from Australia!

RoddyBRoddyB Posts: 212.0 PRO
Hello All!

I have been singing semi professionally for 10 years, and in bands my whole life. ( im 45)

I consider myself a decent singer but there was always that tone and range that i could never get right. You know the belter blend head voice that actually sounds good, not the weak fairy falsetto that i have always been able to do.

I knew of the mix voice, but no one could teach me how to do it.

I've grabbed the full course with Pro Packs. And I can definitely say that is what i have been looking for, for way to long.

Its gona take some work though. Anything worth while does take time and effort. But i think Ken has given me all the tools and instruction needed. Its really up to me now how much i really want this.

Practice Practice Practice!

I might have a pretty good before and after of Immigrant Song coming up in a month or 2. :)

Great to be here

Rod

Comments

• WigsWigs Posts: 972Moderator, 2.0 PRO
    Cool a fellow Aussie! I'm from WA, been on the course a year now and it's awesome, looking forward to hearing your progress!
  • samw2019samw2019 Posts: 2852.0 PRO
    Hi Rod and good luck with your training,I'm on my 14th week now and my training has been good for me I'm enjoying it. This thing takes a while to get to grips with (for me at least) but it's great. Be glad to hear your Immigrant Song tests, anything by Led Zep is awesome. Before I started the course I was trying to do Communication Breakdown and it's hard! I believe I did a butchers job on it lol but hopefully with my training I'll eventually be able to go back to it. Robert Plant is a hard singer to do covers of, and I picked a few tips from his live versions where he sometimes doesn't go so high and even then I struggled. But you will probably have a good time with it. Peace and all the best
  • cwcwcwcw Posts: 4032.0 PRO
    Great to have you Rod! Greetings from USA.

I've been on the course for 10 months and loving it. You are correct, hard work and determination will go a long way.

I see you have met my Aussie friend Wigs (Chris).

I am also Chris. :)
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 3,264Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi Rod,

a big warm Welcome also from Germany. If you are willing to put hard work into it you will be surprised what you can reach in reasonable time.

Doc