Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

A4 - falsetto only

I cannot sing A4 without going into falsetto - which i dont like the sound of. Has anyone managed to turn A4 into a strong usuable note?

Comments

• Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Wildmanofthewoods,

Hampton (Blondie) is right. There are a lot of options on A4. If your question refers to range I can tell you that a lot of male students can hit an A4 in full voice after a few weeks on the course with ease. When I started the highest note I could sing was a F#4. Now I can use C5 / D5 in songs. Doing scales I reach a Eb5 / E5. You should consider to get the course. It is awesome.

Doc
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Yes. As doc said many here can reach an A4 by now. Just requires practice.

At this point, I can do a B4 and probably C5 in chest, and with falsetto up to a usable F6.

The course can get you way past what you even think possible right now. It's really informative, and will help you grow in many aspects of your singing Journey.
  • Options
    "I can tell you that a lot of male students can hit an A4 in full voice after a few weeks on the course with ease." what !! ok that sounds unbelievable (in a good way :smiley: ) has anyone uploaded a before and after comparison ???
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Sure, this mate demoed his singing after 1 (!!!) year on KTVA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROuosxzuKAs
  • Options
    And you will find a lot of actual student demos in this public category:

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/vocal-demonstrations

To make it easier to have an overlook what is happening in the forums:

When you enter the forums the normal way you will see the "category view!. You can see all the categories with the last 5 discussions that were active in this category. This can sometimes be a bit confusing because you can not see what is happening in the different categories on the first look. Many students, including myself, prefer the "discussions view". In the the "discussions view" you can see the last discussion regardless in which category they have been posted. If you look at the top line of your browsers window yon can read "Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singers Forum" (or if you are on a mobile device "KTVA Singers Forum). Next to it it says "Categories" - "Discussions" - "Activity" - ... Click on "Discussions" and you are in the "discussions view". For me, this view is easier because I can see all the latest things that happened in the forums.

Doc
  • Options
    Thanks for the before and after comparison , i dont recognise the 2nd song, I know the first one was under the bridge
  • Options
    RoddyBRoddyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 21
    @doc_ramadani Hi mate. I am unsure how the references to A4 and C5 etc work. I do know what you are refering to, however i dont understand how you get C5 as the description of it.

Is there somewhere on these forums that describes how that works?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    RoddyBRoddyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 21
    Sweet TY

And here it is for guitar. Which it how i would reference it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_tunings

So piano C5 is high E string 8th fret if you use the guitar. Excellent.