Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

The One - HAMPTON (Music Video)

blondiewalesblondiewales Pro Posts: 483
https://youtu.be/WNFtRUdIU-c

Here's an original song I recorded for a Mandarin rock album. It was one of the first songs we produced in the studio, but it likely won't be on the final album for genre consistency reasons. The producer and I made this wacky video a few years ago, and I guess I might as well post it.

"The One" refers to spirituality and communing with nature, the universe, and God. It was originally written in English and then translated to Chinese. Here's the English demo: https://www.reverbnation.com/tombryant6/song/26733569-the-one

@Diego @doc_ramadani @coffeecrank @DogMeat @cwcw @Mysti @Sophia @Wigs @Rick_amateur @Vocality @ImNotVeryGoodAtTaggingPeople

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Yes indeed wacky 😃 Since its written in English the timing was of course more natural for me, I like it! I liked the suprise of seeing you as well, your tag name definately gives a totally opposite impression of your appearance. I guess you do alot of calesthetic exercises?
  • Options
    Wow, that was really nice! I really enjoyed listening to that. You had a good voice even back then. I'm guessing that was before starting KTVA?

That moment when you were singing while horizontal to the tree - awesome. :) That's a fitness and health goal, for me. Do you find it makes any difference to your breath for singing to have (I'm assuming) very tight abdominal muscles?
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Glad you finally posted this lol.

I know the lyrics by now. Not even kidding.
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi Hampton, @blondiewales

oh what a nice surprise. I like it. Man, you are in good shape and I am jealous on your hairless breast. :joy:

Very nice singing and wacky video. I listened to the original, too. Without wanting to do Tom any wrong, I have to say that I like your version better.

I am waiting for more to come.

Doc
  • Options
    DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Great job man. Hard to connect without understanding a word, but you sang while in planche. Thats very cool :smile:
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hampton,

because Tom broadly eclipses me as a singer. It may be the lyrics.

Sorry that I have to disagree. I think it is your singing that makes it better. :smiley:

Marco
  • Options
    DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    @blondiewales no problem it was fun so thanks for tagging me :smile:
  • Options
    cwcwcwcw 2.0 PRO Posts: 412
    Cool on both tunes, Hampton! Crazy video for sure. Oh, I wish I was in that good of shape. :)

Sara Smile...Love Hall n Oates. Not an easy song to sing, but I think you did it justice. Really nice on the high head voice parts.

Chris