Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Retired, and Singing

Retired. Sing Bass in a choir. Want to extend singing as long as possible.

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 3,102Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @JPittman,

welcome to the Forums. I am 49 years old and started singing 15 months ago. I can understand why you are here. I am singing because it i sooo good for my soul. I am a low baritone (as I would be judged by classical orientated coach ) but learned to reach a Eb5 within months.

Doc
  • Chris82Chris82 Posts: 2152.0 PRO
    It's good to have you here! Welcome!
  • Mary357Mary357 Posts: 22.0 PRO
    edited November 5
    H I am Christina, I sing pro in an acoustic band and starting a new rock band. I have been singing 7 years... I want to improve myself and be the best I can be. new student 52 years young
  • cwcwcwcw Posts: 3982.0 PRO
    Welcome from USA, Jpittman.
    Chris
  • DanaMacDanaMac Posts: 42.0 PRO
    Hi, I'm 66, joined the program a few weeks ago. My mother was a great singing even though she didn't know what a note was, I always loved to hear her sing. I took piano lessons and worked very hard at it reading music, I thought I had to read the music and didn't have a ear. I started taking voice lessons about two months ago, my instructor is a very good singer and I realize we where doing it all by ear. I fond out I have a good ear and getting better , my problem is relaxing which I know only I can fix. I am enjoying the program and hope one day to get the nerve to post one of my practice lessons to get feed back.