Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

Hello All!

Hello all, I am new to the forums and have been watching Ken's videos for years. I am a 29 year old Bass, and have been singing since I was 15. Just thought I would make a general thread about singing and what people's different influences, backgrounds, vocal ranges, and experience is like.

I began singing because I was a in a play called "Oliver!" when I was a freshman in HS. From there I moved on to choir, more musicals, and barbershop choirs/quartets. My influences are mostly tenors, as I enjoy their voices the most and always wanted to be one. I think it is sort of natural to covet what we don't have though. Over the years I have learned many different vocal techniques to extend my range and strengthen my voice, however, and I am pretty happy with how far I've come. When I first started out, my range was C2-D4 in chest, and I struggled with this for many years. As my voice aged my lowest chest note moved to C#2, and with the help of compression and proper diaphragmatic support I was able to extend my upper chest voice to F#4. Recently (within the last few years) I have begun practicing head voice, mixed voice, and as of last week Subharmonics for the low end.

So with all of that said, my current range is: F1(subharmonic)-C#2(lowest chest)-F#4(highest chest)-Bb4(mix)-G5(head voice)

Comments