Singing Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Hey Dudes and Divas!

Welcome to Singer Forum by Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. Enrolled KTVA vocalists have access to the full singer forums, self-registered members have access to limited areas of the KTVA singing forum. Register to learn more.

To enroll in Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Singing Lessons click here.

High Baritone live performance like a Tenor

Hi guys, how are you? To the people closest to Ken or if Mr. Ken Tamplin could answer this question I would greatly appreciate it since this is something very important to me:

I am a light baritone and I know that Ken Tamplin is too. The question is:

Can a light Baritone sing an entire concert or give a long-term performance singing in the tenor's tesitura?

for example, singing high-pitched songs (B4 C5 and more high-pitched notes that correspond to a Tenor and keeping phrases in that area (for example G4 A4 C5) even if it is not chest but in a head voice and a mixed voice?

I train the KTVA program and course every day and I have my singing teacher who trains with Mr. Tamplin.

Is it possible or would it be dangerous for light baritone?

Regards!

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Posts: 3,267Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management
    Hi @RoyFoneck93,

I am a light baritone and I know that Ken Tamplin is too. The question is:
    Can a light Baritone sing an entire concert or give a long-term performance singing in the tenor's tesitura?

Clear question, short answer: ABSOLUTELY!

I am a Baritone and when I started the course the highest note I could sing was a F#4. Now I can sing for hours in a range up to D5.

Doc
  • RoyFoneck93RoyFoneck93 Posts: 4Member
    Thanks Dear Doc! Add me to facebook: Roy Fonseca.

Greetings