Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Checking in from Florida

I'm super excited. After a couple of years of following Ken and reading his emails, I took the jump and bought the course. I've only watched the first two videos and started to find my way around the forum. My favorite part is when Ken said to check what you know at the door. I intend to do just that.

I'm 48, a soprano (I say that with sarcasm) and have been singing for as long as I can remember. I've mostly only studied and sung classically until last year when midlife crisis hit and I decided that I was missing out on something. I wanted to sing rock and roll. I've had a million voice teachers, all with different ideas about what is right, yet in my opinion my singing was becoming more limited and guarded. I have lost total confidence in my instrument. This time, I decided to go take lessons at a local school of rock and started performing with the adult band to get some experience. It's been a rewarding experience and the local teacher has given me food for thought. I've recently auditioned for and joined a local cover band here in the area. I love it so much, but I know I need to learn some new things. For instance, I need to manage and use less of the "classical" vibrato and figure out how to maneuver my break. I know that I can find a better way to use my instrument and be more confident.

I can't wait to soak up as much info as I can. Never too old to learn new tricks right? Rock on! Angela

Comments