Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

D5 Sounds Too Heady

https://youtu.be/f_Fm1vnSJ1Q

Do i sing in headvoice or reinforced falsetto? i find that spot is suitable/comfortable for me, and still connected to my chest voice. But i didn't hear that powerful... maybe it sounds like falsetto even tough i push my chest voice to the top at my comfort zone.

And this is my friend sing on C5, D5 with very chesty sound

https://youtu.be/QLDP2wFcJ7g

I think he sounds extremely good and i was very jealous cause i working hard for this and all the stuff about high notes and mix voice for years, what i've got is he still much better than me 😔 but he said he doens't feel comfort to sing this notes.

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @fadelsawi,

nice to see you again. It is hard to give you a reliable analysis on your video because it is very short and there is a lot of background noise. For me it sounds like a falsetto on its way to a reinforced falsetto. By definition, here at KTVA, we would use the term head voice for a reinforced falsetto. Your friend sounds like using some kind of mix.

If you want to grow your voice work on a rock solid chest voice first then work on your head voice (reinforced falsetto). Only when you’ve done that start fusing them together by mixing.

Does that help?

Doc

PS.: You should consider to get the course. It will teach you everything.
  • fadelsawifadelsawi Member Posts: 35

Hi @fadelsawi,

nice to see you again. It is hard to give you a reliable analysis on your video because it is very short and there is a lot of background noise. For me it sounds like a falsetto on its way to a reinforced falsetto. By definition, here at KTVA, we would use the term head voice for a reinforced falsetto. Your friend sounds like using some kind of mix.

If you want to grow your voice work on a rock solid chest voice first then work on your head voice (reinforced falsetto). Only when you’ve done that start fusing them together by mixing.

Does that help?

Doc

PS.: You should consider to get the course. It will teach you everything.

Thanks for answer doc, i will considering for the course and available language (Bahasa Indonesia) or english subtitle

But, yes i have no place to make a loud sound.

I want to ask about my falsetto, how it can connected to my chest voice? i'm sure on C5 (Lady) i sing in mix. And the whole song i can feel my vocal cord closure. But yes, still sounds like falsetto 😂