Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

I'm a new student, baffled by my past musical challenges, and now looking forward to new adventures.

SusanFrSusanFr 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 4
I have a very large soprano operatic head voice, but a very very weak chest voice. I'm switching from opera to popular music, and am attempting to follow Ken's excellent vocal instructions, so that folks don't race out of the room screaming. This is a challenge, as the vibrato of an opera singer can be very frightening when used inanely for a popular song. I am extremely grateful I have found Ken's wonderful Vocal Academy, as I've been to various coaches in the Texas and now New Jersey/New York area, and I return home dumbfounded by my limited results. Thanks to everyone at this Academy for belonging to this uplifting community of smart musicians!

Comments

• Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2019
    @SusanFr

Welcome to the KTVA course from the UK, the training starts with building your chest voice, then onto head voice and mixed voice. A great choice you won't regret it!!(oops forgot to mention Vocal Fry)

Vocality :)
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @SusanFr,

a warm Welcome from a Newbie from Germany. I started singing on my 48th birthday 1.5 years ago. You will love this course. For some sopranos it may be very challenging to grow their chest voice since they used to sing only in head voice. We have some other sopranos here. I think it will be nice to hear how you are helping each other.

Doc
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @SusanFr Hahaha I know what you mean. I've heard a lot of sopranos and yeah, their volume can get really ear piercing. This has two sides of a coin. 1. You already must have great support and a good idea of open throat. 2. Your problem, like you mentioned might be chest voice. But with enough practice you can always do new things.

Anyways, glad to have you with us Susan! Welcome.