Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hello, My Name's Kai.

Hey, I am new to this and want to improve my singing voice for my AP Music Theory class. That and I want to join my school's battle of the bands and actually sound good at singing.
Question:
I sing with a lisp that I don't necessarily talk with. It's odd and I've noticed it is most apparent at the attack of the note when I finish the consonant. Is there any way I can rid of or at least dampen that lisp?

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited January 2020
    hello Kai, is there any chance you can share an audio example of this with us?
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Welcome Kai!

Depends on the type of lisp you're dealing with. If it's a lateral lisp then that is normally caused by the tongue coming forward and many people recommend drinking all your beverages through straws as doing so forces and teaches your tongue to stay back. But really, any lisp is correctable but most people need speech therapy to make progress in removing it. I do find it odd that it comes out in your singing but not your speaking.
  • Options
    Chisinez015Chisinez015 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, everyone. I speak two different languages and grew up with the lisp. I no longer speak with it, but it does pop up when I sing.