Home Off Topic
Options

Nirvana covers

RickyJanoherRickyJanoher 2.0 PRO Posts: 3
I just started KTVA a month ago, and I did a Nirvana cover. I was wondering if anyone would listen and give some feedback on how to improve. Thank you! https://youtu.be/qtz2HvVWgV0

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hi Ricky, gotta love some nirvana! I can hear you have the enthusiasm and passion🙂 Now you might not want to hear this next bit but it will really help in the long run. Forget about trying to sing the distorted tone.

Try singing all songs completely clean with good cord closure and support for at the very least 3 to 6 months. It takes a very long time to build up to the kind of tone I think you want. If you continue this without understanding and applying all the fundamentals then you'll hurt your voice. From 1:38 to 1:46 I can already hear some cord seperation.

Have you checked out the student area, there are some discussions about singing and playing guitar at the same time too that might help you. Have a good look at new student demos and the ah vowel categories too, you will see many examples of students posting progress reports and also the best way to receive feed back on you progress.

It's great to have you here with us, this course WILL definately get you started on the right path to where you want to go 🙂