Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Limited practice time

Hello, although I’m not looking to become a pro singer, I’d love to improve my singing technique (which at present moment stands for none😅)
Thing is, I’m a full time PE teacher and also a family guy, with 2 daughters still young. Most days I don’t have more than 20 minutes on a row to workout my voice, so my question is:
If I warm up for 20 minutes, after one or two hours can I start from there, or should I repeat the warmup?
Also, on ken,s YT warmup video, he started with the A vowell. Is it necessary to do some lip roll or tongue exs first, or is it ok to start with the vowells?
Thanks for your time

Comments

• VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,511
    edited February 2020
    @Pedroteles

Hi Pedro

would always recommend doing lip roll and tongue exercise prior to doing any vowels, its a way of gently warming up the voice you don't need to do lip roll and tongue for a long time just a few scales.

Always do these warmups every time you decide to sing e.g. if you stop singing for a number of hours or took a nap important to redo the warmup.

If you decide to buy the KTVA program this is all in more detail and you will progress alot faster

Hope this helps
  • PedrotelesPedroteles Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the help, sorry to get to you so late, but I didn’t realize someone answered my post
    Thanks again