Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

I need some critiques

Hey guys, I'm the new one here. My voice is baritone and I have been singing for quite a while. Can you guys help me about my voice

https://youtu.be/sHoPURxRDpE

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    That was very pleasant to listen to. Pitch was good, feeling of the song although I don't speak that language came across nicely. Stylistically the airy tone seemed suitable but be careful of using it too much, less air is better for vocal health. Good demo 🙂
  • guzmanguzman 2.0 PRO Posts: 45
    Hello @yolotolive, I welcome you from Uruguay to this forum! Good to see you here!
    You have a good voice! If you identify an area where you already feel you have some difficulty or where you are currently working, it might be better to try to help.
    From what I heard and in my humble opinion, maybe you can use more vocal cord closure at some point, since you mainly use airy voice. It doesn't use airy voice in excess, and this song also needs a bit of airy voice so that it can sound warm and intimate, but perhaps you can add some dynamics by mixing the airy and closed voices.
    It's just for trying to give you something but it sounds great and you have a good voice!
    I hope to see you here!
  • yolotoliveyolotolive Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2020
    @guzman thanks man, I'm having some issues with my voice. I want to use less airy voice and increase my vocal range because this song is very magnificent when it is sang with head voice. By the way, I'm Vietnamese so this song is sang in my mother tounge
    @Wigs yeah, thanks for your comment. The language in the song is Vietnamese, my mother tounge. Maybe next time I will sing an US/UK song. And can you tell me about problems when singing with airy voice too much ?
  • doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @yolotolive,

the overuse of air is problematic because it will dry out your vocal cords. If you have good vocal technique you can "mimic" an airy sound. For this reason Ken wants us to grow a rock-solid resonant voice at first.

Doc
    @doc_ramadani So that why I have to drink a lot of water after I sang. Thanks for your answer. I will add this in my research !
  • MaryDMaryD Member, Voice Repair, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 12
    Hi! Yolotolive. Love the warmth of your voice. Me personally I always preferred baritone to tenor voices. Anyway better dictation so we can hear the beauty of your language. Try speaking the words clearly again and again then sing and this should help with dictation and might help with the over use of air.
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    @yolotolive Good job.
    This song seems to be in your comfortable range. You seem to have an airy style as mentioned before.
    It's important to not overuse anything, otherwise there will be repercussions. Only try to use airyness when you want a specific phrase with that style. If you do it all the time, it will dry up your cords as @doc_ramadani mentioned.

Your pitch is good throughout the song though, so good job on that.