Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Canto Della Terra. I joined a few days ago just looking for feed back.

MaryDMaryD Member, Voice Repair, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 12

Comments

• Options
    Hi @MaryD!

I can't comment on the cover itself as I'm not knowledgeable on how it should sound. I think you have a good head voice.

There were a couple of things I noticed that you could tweak. First, you are leaning slightly to one side. Perhaps there is a medical reason for this, but if there isn't, try to stand very tall and straight so that you are balanced. This will reduce unnecessary tension creeping into your body, which would otherwise spread and affect your singing.

Second, your shoulders rise when you inhale. Try to keep them down, and have your rib cage expanded. As you inhale, allow your abdomen to expand in all directions. We want to keep our chest, shoulders, neck, and throat, as relaxed as we can, and allow our core to do the work.
  • Options
    Hi! Sophie, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I do have a medical problem with my back and on the day I did this video I was in great pain (waiting on emergency surgery) well spotted. I agree with everything you said and I will try to fix my issues. Thank you.
  • Options
    MaryD, good luck, and I wish you all the best for a quick and gentle recovery.
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    That sounded heavenly! Your vibrato is so beautiful! Great pitch and control of your voice! It sounded relaxed and almost effortless for you! Wow just wow!
  • Options
    Thanks Chris82.
  • Options
    Thanks Sophia. Unfortunately still wait on surgery. That's Ireland for ya.
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    It sounds pretty nice.
    One thing, remember to drop the jaw before you go wide. You had a little trouble with the pitch on some parts.
    Your vibrato sounded awesome, but you lost some control of it when you went into the higher parts.You may be closing a bit on the sound, it does sound really bright but I am not getting that resonance still. So open up a bit more in general.

You sound great though. I love your tone overall. I just feel the higher tones could use just a little more work.

Good job.
  • Options
    Thanks Deigo for taking the time to comment. I agree with your comments.