Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Vocals Range

Is there a way to increase the vocal range? Easy or hard?

Comments

• Options
    HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    There is no shortcuts for anything. Yes, you can increase your range, no it isn't quick nor easy.

The fastest easiest thing for most people to do is to work to be able to use the range that they have.
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    getting the course and following the program is a good way to do that! it takes a while but it will give you results. the second best option is doing the free exercises regularily. proper technique is the way to go.
  • Options
    djkdjk 2.0 PRO Posts: 18
    HuduVudu said:

There is no shortcuts for anything. Yes, you can increase your range, no it isn't quick nor easy.

The fastest easiest thing for most people to do is to work to be able to use the range that they have.

How can I tell my vocal range? I’ve read somewhere that the way to tell it is to measure the lowest and highest notes I can produce. I measured it with pitch app and I can go as low as E2 and as high as B5 (Very breathy hhh) but I’m not entirely sure this counts as I couldn't possibly hit B5 whilst singing. Although I can produce LAh on E2 I’ve no real power there :) I consider myself baritone.

• Options
    thephatshadythephatshady Member Posts: 5
    It is so easy to get hung up on range and growing your range this alone does not make a great singer. Some of my favorite singers do not have a great vocal range. What is most important is technique if you learn to sing correctly first the range will improve. Ken has great you tube videos on growing chest and head voice that helped me immensely before I bought the course. So that would be a good place to start. But to echo what others said no quick pill it took me six months of doing a daily routine of exercises from the you tube videos before I noticed a huge difference. I was a skeptic and wanted to be sure Kens method worked before I bought it so I started out practicing using the you tube videos. I would recommend the course though as you have evrything layed out in a specific order so you are not trying to do exercises that you are not prepared for yet.