Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Practice routine - beginner, growing voice

Hey everyone!
As a KTVA wannabe, I'm currently practicing 2 to 3 times a week and would appreciate your advice on my a hour or so routine:
- simple scales on vowel A for breathing
- warm up as in Ken's video on warup
- chest voice scales on vowel A, aiming at pushing it upward and working there once I can't go higher
- Vowel exercice, as in Ken's video on (aiKvo) vowels
- Head voice aiKvo growing head voice on vowels E, U and A
If I still got time
- sliders for mixed voice
- one or two songs
That'it: how would you improve it?
Thanks

Comments

• HuduVuduHuduVudu 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,818
    How is your pitch and timing. Those are also very important to ensure that you have down pat.
  • PhMarnePhMarne 2.0 PRO Posts: 201
    I guess I'll have to record myself to check upon that
    Thanks @HuduVudu
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    looks good for now! i don't know how you space it out (rest-days), but if you really can only do 2-3 days, try to do a day on then a day off if your schedule allows for it, then back on, etc. if the off-times get too long, your brain forgets a lot again. you can use tonedear.com for ear training (the interval exercise is good in the beginning), and sing along with the notes, trying to match the pitch. you will train your ear and your intonation at the same time. try to hit the note you sing right out of the gate, as opposed to scooping. you could do this when you have five minutes or so on your off-days (you can do it on the on-days as well if you have time).
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    if you start with the pitch where i started (zero), it can get frustrating but try to not let this affect you, if you stay consistent it will improve