Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Black Velvet (Alannah Myles cover) by coffeecrank

coffeecrankcoffeecrank 2.0 PRO Posts: 763
I'm proud to present you my latest achievement. :) In -2 key, but oh well. :D Also discovered a cool reverb plugin, really improved sound. Next step would be switching from Audacity to something more powerful.

https://youtu.be/92LraU-ucRc

@doc_ramadani @Diego @Vocality @Sophia @blondiewales @Wigs @cwcw @DogMeat @Raphael_Hussl @BarbieLynn @d1g2w3 @samw2019 @Rick_amateur @omkarpancham @maximgottmer @bonvie56 @Furious_Phil @Chris82 @shining @Maya @LumiMoon @iZak @jimmieYYM @heidianita @NickW @HuduVudu @sjonrokz4u

Comments

• Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Oh wow.. I have heard quite a few songs from you yet ... and this is my favorite :love:
    Awesome job!!!!

The only thing I would like to hear is maybe a bit more pressure/power on the main chorus... like in the original.
    BUT your version is also absolutely okay the way you presented it and I am not really missinig the deeper pressure .

I know this song is really tough to sing... tried it a lot of times but was not satisfied yet :smiley:
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Sounds supurb @coffeecrank ! Your voice sounds wonderful on this song! Really excited to see where you voice goes in vol 3. Have you ever tried to sing any of Lzzy Hale's stuff?
  • Options
    bonvie56bonvie56 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 55
    Fabulous! Fantastic! @coffeecrank Lana! The quality of your voice is and has been amazing. To think you produced that great-sounding recording on Audacity is yet another point of amazement to me. If you are looking for a different DAW and don't want to spend any cash, Cakewalk is full-featured and costs nothing. But I don't think using another DAW could necessarily improve on what you've already accomplished. Spot on!
    I'm going to quit typing now and go back and listen to it again! :smiley:
  • Options
    LumiMoonLumiMoon 2.0 PRO Posts: 165
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I agree with wanting more chest resonance for parts of the song. You will need it going into volume 3 ;)
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    @coffeecrank Solid rendition really good, sure you'll work this to the original key after a while on volume 3!!

Great job
  • Options
    heidianitaheidianita 2.0 PRO Posts: 144
    You are so sexy ! Thank you for sharing. I actually want to try this my self now. Nice work 👌
  • Options
    Raphael_HusslRaphael_Hussl 2.0 PRO Posts: 159
    @coffeecrank Great work, Lana! Yes, there's no distortion but your voice sounds clean and powerful, very cool! I also know this problem of having to transpose a lot of songs very well and it can be quite disappointing sometimes, but you still sound strong on this one. When you're still in Volume 2 have you already noticed some more range that you can apply to songs? Probably you will have to be in Volume 3 or 4 to get some really nice killer range. But nevertheless, this was really good so far. Hope you have fun with the next Volume!
  • Options
    DogMeatDogMeat 2.0 PRO Posts: 437
    Great work Lana. Love your voice in this, and it's growing. Don't worry about not going into vol3. You should definitely transition into it. Do it gradually over few weeks. It is much fun, and will lift you out of boredom of vol2. You are ready for it, just give yourself a bit time to get used to it. It is very demanding, but you'll hear progress in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Raphael_HusslRaphael_Hussl 2.0 PRO Posts: 159
    @coffeecrank at the moment I'm still in Volume 2. I didn't want to rush anything and wanted to make sure I do everything correctly. The time I've been in Volume 2 I also noticed a big increase in range but most of it I still can't apply to songs. I think I will go back through all the lessons a few times again until I feel there's nothing new left to learn. Volume 3 will probably have a lot more focus on applying the techniques.
  • Options
    iZakiZak 2.0 PRO Posts: 100
    Awesome Job @coffeecrank ! Did you change your mic? It seems a lot clearer. Excellent vocals 👏🤘
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Very nice job!
  • Options
    DuoleevaDuoleeva Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2020
    @coffeecrank eecrank Your voice is so freaking beautiful!!!!! :o
  • Options
    MikeImagineMikeImagine Member Posts: 10
  • Options
    omkarpanchamomkarpancham Member, 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 91
    Hey dear, what a fabulous performance! Great singing!
    Sorry, Its been a hectic to visit the social platforms much. Its been a week or so, not even log into FB

Love your voice color here. What plug in did you use for the reverb? It really sounds way better.
    Try learning Pro Tools, its a fab tool. Try using the mixing part if you want.

Keep it up dear!

Cheers,
    OMkar
  • Options
    d1g2w3d1g2w3 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 465
    Wow, such improvement since I left and came back!
  • Options
    JackLeiningerJackLeininger Member Posts: 31
    Haven't heard this one in a while! Thanks for sharing. Smooth vocals with nice fx. As an Elvis fan, this song always does something emotional to me.
  • Options
    JackLeiningerJackLeininger Member Posts: 31
    @coffeecrank Saw him when I was 5 -- life-defining! Haha. His sounds tend to show up in most of my recordings even unexpectedly. Not so unexpectedly if I'm doing an Elvis song or something that sounds Elvis-like to me.
  • Options
    redhardvioletredhardviolet Member Posts: 4
    Wow I love it - really really cool!