Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Greetings from the Canary Islands!

KirsiMKirsiM 2.0 PRO Posts: 1
Hello everybody! I’m a 52-year-old Finnish woman living on the Canary Islands (which is part of Spain). I love music and have always wanted to learn to sing but lacked the confidence and finances to make that happen. Now I finally bought this course and I can’t wait to get started. I do have some concerns about my voice and how much I can widen my range etc. I’ve had really low voice (for a woman) since I was a teenager and it got even lower 20 years ago when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I do have a loud, powerful voice but it is just pretty low. I guess that’s part of the reason why I lacked the confidence to pursue this sooner. But now is the right time and I am going to give it my best. I know progress will take time and a lot of practice, but as they say slow and steady wins the race.

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Welcome, @KirsiM !

Just take your time, watch the lessons several times, and begin doing the exercises. You will find a pdf manual in the Lesson folders for each Volume.

Bob
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome to the course and the forums. There are many different types of voices here, a lot of us had the same hangups with our own voices as well, you are not alone!

I think in time you will learn to make the most of what you already have alongside growing your voice with the course as well. Be ready for a roller coaster, its no quick fix and requires many months and years of dedication. Im looking forward to hearing you :smile: