Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

A late Hello from Denmark :D ( My attempt of Death of a Bachelor included)

OliviaWenyaOliviaWenya 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 61
edited April 2020 in INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Hello everyone :smile:
Wonderful to see so many people in the forum :)
My name is Olivia, I'm currently 17 years old and live in Denmark at the moment :)
I purchased the course somewhere in November month last year, but haven't been active on the forums because of time constraints.
Been doing the course itself since January, and my singing has evolved so much in 3 months. It's actually at a point where I can tolerate listening to it! So here is my cover of Death of a Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco.

I would love some feedback so I can continue to improve!

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    It won't allow me to open the link.
  • Options
    Wigs said:

It won't allow me to open the link.

Try this link :)

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome to the course and forum :smile: I dont think im familiar with this song, was this pure acapella or were you singing with headphones. Well done on your first 3 months, it can be tough to get through. Your pitch was fairly good through out, some of the notes that were out I think would be more support and technique related. Since I dont know the original, Im unsure if a breathy tone was used to mimic the artist.

Keep at it and im sure you will see more growth!
  • Options
    Wigs said:

Welcome to the course and forum :smile: I dont think im familiar with this song, was this pure acapella or were you singing with headphones. Well done on your first 3 months, it can be tough to get through. Your pitch was fairly good through out, some of the notes that were out I think would be more support and technique related. Since I dont know the original, Im unsure if a breathy tone was used to mimic the artist.

Keep at it and im sure you will see more growth!

Thank you :)
    That was pure acapella, I can't really get the hang of singing accompanied by music unless I am the one playing... And I forgot how to play since I haven't done it since 4th grade. (RIP all that piano and guitar practice)

The original can be found here :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R03cqGg40GU
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Welcome @OliviaWenya!
    Good job :smile:
    So, a few things first. When you sing along the track it can help with your initial pitch. Since I feel you changed the pitch you were singing in 2 times. You are also singing in a very breathy tone, which is totally okay if you are choosing to do it as a stylistic choice. I'd like a little more energy into it too.

Having said that, I would practice diaphragmatic support and for pitch you can play notes on the piano and try to match them, do scales along with Ken and record yourself along with him and then play it back, see if you match the notes he's singing. That should help you get a stronger tone and pitch.

It's a matter of practicing a lot. Sometimes you may reach a wall and may be stuck there for a while. But if you keep at it, you'll get past it.

Keep it up!

• Options
    Diego said:

Welcome @OliviaWenya!
    Good job :smile:
    So, a few things first. When you sing along the track it can help with your initial pitch. Since I feel you changed the pitch you were singing in 2 times. You are also singing in a very breathy tone, which is totally okay if you are choosing to do it as a stylistic choice. I'd like a little more energy into it too.

Having said that, I would practice diaphragmatic support and for pitch you can play notes on the piano and try to match them, do scales along with Ken and record yourself along with him and then play it back, see if you match the notes he's singing. That should help you get a stronger tone and pitch.

It's a matter of practicing a lot. Sometimes you may reach a wall and may be stuck there for a while. But if you keep at it, you'll get past it.

Keep it up!

Thank you :)
    I will continue to stay at Vol. 1 for some more time.
  • Options
    jonnyjonny 2.0 PRO Posts: 115
    You don't see to be compressing your air. Too breathy. A big break through for me was realizing that diaphragmatic breathing does not require huge giant amounts of air to be drawn in. drawing in too much prior to the phrase will cause you to have to work to hard to hold it. but instead keeping the air already in your system regulated with your lower abdominals for a compressed sound.
  • Options
    jonny said:

You don't see to be compressing your air. Too breathy. A big break through for me was realizing that diaphragmatic breathing does not require huge giant amounts of air to be drawn in. drawing in too much prior to the phrase will cause you to have to work to hard to hold it. but instead keeping the air already in your system regulated with your lower abdominals for a compressed sound.

Thank you! I will try to think of breathing like that next time :) I think it would also eliminate me drawing in air so frequently.
  • Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome! I see you have already received some good advice here. There is much more of that to find in the forum.

Good to have you here.

All the best,

Ben
  • Options
    bentk said:

Welcome! I see you have already received some good advice here. There is much more of that to find in the forum.

Good to have you here.

All the best,

Ben

Thank you for welcoming me! :)