Home Psychology of Singing
Options

Develop whistle register/falsetto

I was wondering what vocal exercises would help develop my whistle register or my falsetto, my falsetto is more airy than my whistle register but my whistler register is stronger. I want to have more ease on controlling my whistle register, and for my falsetto to be less airy and stronger, as well as pleasant to the ear. :smile::smiley:

Comments

• Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Hi!

At KTVA, the whistle register is not taught. I also have no experience with using it, so i can't help you there nor can i give you advice. Maybe someone on the forum has some suggestions and/or more information on the whistle register.

We do however learn to use a strong head voice at KTVA. Falsetto might be associated with a weaker and more 'airy' tone. At KTVA, we usually use the term head voice. Ken has a few tutorials on his youtube channel where he explains some of the fundamentals of singing. This includes good tone, cord closure and support. I highly recommend you start watching those first, and applying the exercises he shows. For a strong head voice, you will still need to learn the fundamentals.

Hope this helps you.

Ben