Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Famous Russian/Soviet song cover by coffeecrank (getting all Russian on y'all)

coffeecrankcoffeecrank 2.0 PRO Posts: 763
So... I was really excited to do this one. It's for my mom's b-day (which is tomorrow), and I really wanted to surprise her with one of the songs she loves and remembers. This is from a very famous Soviet comedy about time travel (which has 8.4 IMDB rating btw, it exists with English subtitles and I cannot recommend it enough).

https://youtu.be/7mLrM2upTbQ

And here's the original (the actress is not the one singing, but she's very pretty lol):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zacy2GOu3TI

@doc_ramadani @Diego @Vocality @Wigs @cwcw @DogMeat @Raphael_Hussl @BarbieLynn @d1g2w3 @Rick_amateur @omkarpancham @maximgottmer @bonvie56 @Furious_Phil @Chris82 @shining @Maya @LumiMoon @iZak @jimmieYYM @heidianita @NickW @HuduVudu @sjonrokz4u @Duoleeva @Michael4000 @JackLeininger @OliviaWenya

Comments

• Options
    OliviaWenyaOliviaWenya 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 61
    Girl, how many languages can you sing in?
  • Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Love it!
    The only thing I thought was: Maybe you can more smile into the refrain.
    And maybe turn down the volume of the vocals a bit so that it harmonizes better with the music?

OT: Is that the harbour of Yalta in the original video? I have been there a few years ago and I am not sure but the mountains in the background remind me of Yalta a lot.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ah :love:
    Well.. both.. My daughter lived on Crimea for about 2 years and I visited her twice... and we stayed in Yalta for a week. I love the Crimea, beautiful landscape and since then I also love listening to russian songs (that always reminds me of this time)... althoug I don´t understand a single word :lol: My cat comes from Crimea, too :D
  • Options

+ singing in Russian is somehow difficult. So many words with consonants which prevents you from singing contiguously. So one has to put more effort there.

Yes, thats what I thought when I heard you singing and you really did an amazing job on this. I sounds like it comes with an ease... so please more of such songs! :love:

• Options
    lol... I even have problems to pronounce the word спасибо correctly :smiley:
  • Options
    Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    Sounds great. A bit hard for me to critique because I don't know the language, but I thought it sounded excellent. My only suggestion would be to maybe add a little reverb.
  • Options
  • Options
    In general the rule is to add more reverb/delay with slower songs, and less with faster songs.
  • Options
    I don't have a default and even if I did, we have completely different systems and set up so we wouldn't be comparing apples to apples. Just listen to how it sounds. Also listen to professional recordings on YouTube and pay close attention to how much Reverb they use on different types of songs.
  • Options
    Honestly, I'm really not sure. I just dial it up and down till it sounds right. I think you're making too much of it. Just experiment and play around with it and see what sounds good to you. If you want to post an example of the same thing recorded with different levels of effects, I can give you my personal opinion.
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    @coffeecrank nice to hear you sing in your native language, from what I heard you done a nice job on the song though and sure your mom will be really happy to hear your rendition.
  • Options
    LumiMoonLumiMoon 2.0 PRO Posts: 165
    This is was really fun to listen too! I know you said above that it was very difficult but I agree with @shining that it had a sound of ease. That's gotta be from your technique! I would love to hear more covers from you in other languages.
  • Options
    BTW: This song is my catchy tune since yesterday

Thank you!1!11! :lol:
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Impressive singing! I love the timbre in your voice on most of your songs! if you do try a German song might I suggest 99 luftballons?
  • Options
    Where is the new version with reverb?
  • Options
    Sounds good. Sounds like you added delay but not reverb, am I correct?
  • Options
    bonvie56bonvie56 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 55
    @coffeecrank haven't been on the forum for a couple of weeks...but really happy to hear you singing this song, even though I have not the slightest idea of what anything means in Russian...your sound is fantastic! Your language skills can only broaden the spectrum of what you can already do with your voice. Very nice!