Homeβ€Ί Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Singing critique

Hi
I need critique on my singing please
I've been watching Ken's free videos for months now.
Am loosing motivation to sing and I always feel like am a terrible singer.
I'd like to know what am doing wrong.

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 3,819
    I dont think you are terrible at all. You sound as if you have been singing for a while, and already understand how to use certain parts of your voice for effect. If that was pure acapella then your pitch is good. If you are able to properly learn and engage your support, that is what can take your singing to another level. Find every thing you can from Kens channel about support and listen to him doing the scales and try to match as close as possible his sound.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,548
    not bad at all! are you watching the videos, or are you exercising along with them?
  • TessyijachiTessyijachi Member Posts: 34
    @Wigs
    Thank you so much for replying and giving me great advice.
    It was pure Acapella and I mostly sing casually just for fun.
    I'll look into those videos.
    Thank you once again.
    @Klaus_T
    Thanks 😊
    I've only been watching the videos, I also follow his Live streams.
    I don't have the guts to try the excercises yet, I feel like I wouldn't be able to nail it.
    in order to improve, you should train along with them every day (5-6 days a week to be exact). they are exercises so they will make you better, you don't have to be perfect to do them. it will get better the more you do them. i know it is tough to start but you will be convinced when you see that it actually works (which is probably already after a few weeks if you do it regularily)
    @Klaus_T
    I'll start doing them and track my progress.
    Do you have any recommendations on the videos I should start with?
    before i bought the course i did this routine below, i made it up myself so no guarantees. if i remember correctly, it takes 60 minutes when you skip to just the exercise bits (in the youtube timeline you can scroll for where Ken holds his guitar, because this is when he does the exercises). i suggest watching the videos in their entirety first, maybe even several times, follow along, and only when you really know what Ken is saying and doing, then you can jump and skip what he is saying and go straight to the scales, but in the beginning, listen a lot to his explanations and try to copy as good as you can.

hope it helps. have fun!

@Klaus_T
    Great suggestions
    It helps a ton.
    Thank you so much, I truly appreciate itπŸ™‚
    ok that's great!