Home Off Topic
Options

Vocal Fach

JesseSinnJesseSinn 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
Hi, I am 20 years old and have been singing professionally for years, using information from Ken’s YouTube. I bought the full course 6 months ago and have seen tremendous improvement with many “aha moments” like Ken talks about. Since I’ve been singing for so long, all of the information in the course really resonates with me, and I’m definitely progressing faster than total beginners.
I’m just confused on my vocal fach. I know Ken says it’s possible to sing in all different fachs regardless of your voice type once you have the proper training. I’m just wondering which one I am. I’ve always thought I was a baritone because my lowest note is G2 or F#2. Once, a D2. My speaking register is around high 2nd octave to low 3rd octave. Also, before any training, my passagio was around F#4.
Now, I feel most comfortable, like my tessatura, feels like it lies in and ABOVE my passagio, into my reinforced falsetto range. My highest mixed belt is a comfortable, chesty sounding C6. Am I really a baritone?

Answers

• Options
    Mark_AzziMark_Azzi 2.0 PRO Posts: 40
    I'm not an expert, but I would say that you're probably a tenor. If the most comfortable/powerful part of your range is above the F#4, you would probably be classified as a tenor.
  • Options
    JesseSinnJesseSinn 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    Yeah, I just found it strange that before learning about how to strengthen the passagio and head voice, the most powerful part of my range was pretty much all of the third octave, and low in the fourth octave. Now that my voice is more fully developed, like how Ken talks about one long powerful note from chest bridging into head, my favorite range to sing in, and the most powerful sounding part of my range lies throughout and above my passagio. Totally weird.
  • Options
    MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Ken’s live session today addresses vocal fachs in detail. You may find your answer here.

https://youtu.be/ZnwHbsx1KdA