Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Is practicing an hour a day for 7 days a week too much?

For anyone who has experience with this course, I was wondering whether 7 days a week is too much?? I have the time available and therefore have been practicing everyday for an hour, and it is very very very effective. I was just wondering if 7 days is too much? Should I do 6 instead to rest the voice? Anyone who responds, I greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    EnfpEnfp 2.0 PRO Posts: 20
    From what I’ve seen posted on the forums it’s generally recommended to get at least a days rest a week
  • Options
    MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    Ken does recommend giving your voice a rest day.
  • Options
    wojtekwojtek Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 96
    From my little experience I can add that I was doing it 6 days/week but this month wanted to do it everyday and at 11th day I had a bad workout (I stopped in the beggining, to prevent my frustration from rising haha, when I saw it's just not going well at all), after that at my 9th workout in a row, a similar thing happened.
    Dunno if it's related to not having a break, but thought I would share :)
    So I will do it 6 days a week from now on;)
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    To start with, I think its a good idea to have a day off every week. If you can do this for 3 months, your voice will start to get used to the work load and you can start to increase incrementally. I've been on the course about 18 months now and can sometimes push my self with 10 days in a row of at least 2 hour work outs, but only if I feel I can give close to maximum effort each day. Usually though I still take a day off every week. My voice always feels extra good after a day of rest.