Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Cover of Outshined by Soundgarden let me know what you think. Thanks

I worked hard on this cover version and I like how it turned out. I started Kens program about 6 months ago. I was not new to singing I had just never had any vocal training previously.

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Not bad but you are pushing too much air to get that tone, its all in the throat and not enough from your engine. Concentrate on maintaining open throat and using support, your voice will last much longer. Your pitch suffers a bit because of this as well. Remember Ken says distortion is an extreme sport, There is alot of fundamental training that happens first to get a safe sound. Im not trying to discourage you, just dont want you to damage your voice.
  • Options
    thephatshadythephatshady Member Posts: 5
    thanks for the feedback. I should probably do some songs without any distortion and then work back to something like this much later. I taught myself to sing and for a long time I could only sing distorted in my head voice as I had just pushed myself and willed myself to do it. Without knowing the proper technique. I am 50 years old now so this was 30 years ago and I had nobody like Ken to teach me. but I developed some bad habits I am trying to break now.