Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Strong and Powerful Chest Voice

Hi!

So, after a month of doing Ken's exercises, I can finally belt up to A flat 4 pretty confortably in my chest voice, but I'm still not contented and a bit confused. Ken said that we need to develop a strong and powerful chest voice, but what does this really mean? And is Aflat4 considered strong?

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    That is a good range that will cover alot of songs. What he means is to make YOUR chest voice strong, not a specific note value. You should continue to stretch it up safely, but there will come a time when gaining another note takes longer and longer (months or years)until you reach your actual limit. Then it will be a matter of maintaining. So if your top chest note is A4, try not to get lazy when singing and default to head voice for anything near the top of your chest voice, unless of course the song is meant to be sung with head voice.
  • Options
    Kevabadilla_Kevabadilla_ Member Posts: 4
    Wigs said:

That is a good range that will cover alot of songs. What he means is to make YOUR chest voice strong, not a specific note value. You should continue to stretch it up safely, but there will come a time when gaining another note takes longer and longer (months or years)until you reach your actual limit. Then it will be a matter of maintaining. So if your top chest note is A4, try not to get lazy when singing and default to head voice for anything near the top of your chest voice, unless of course the song is meant to be sung with head voice.

Ok, now I understand what he meant. Thank you very much!