Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Jolene (Dolly Parton cover) by coffeecrank

Comments

• Options
    LumiMoonLumiMoon 2.0 PRO Posts: 165
    This is fantastic! What a great song for your voice. Your rendition is pretty perfect.
  • Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    I agree with @LumiMoon
    Again a perfect choice. What I really like about your singing: Your voice never seems to be weak (to me). Its always a solid and robust sound.
  • Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    edited May 2020
    Woot! We can do some duets now! I love this song and thought you did a wonderful job on it!

As far as the special effects go I use super studio about 95% of the time with the reverb and echo settings set fairly low. (15% reverb & 5% echo). There is also a Smule thread floating around somewhere in these forums with instructions on how to get an invite to the Smule KTVA students group.
  • Options
    Yeah, Smule has the largest songs library I’ve found yet so far which is why I prefer it. It has some bugs though, nothing worse than pouring your heart into a song and as soon as it finishes the app crashes and you loose your recording.
  • Options
    Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    Wow this was great. I really can't think of anything to critique. Very very solid vocal.

Reverb effect was high, but I don't think you overdid it.
  • Options
    It bugs out for me like that on iOS. I've heard of some people getting smule to work on a PC by using bluestacks (an android phone emulator for the PC) but I haven't tried it myself.

https://www.bluestacks.com/
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I've notice with your latest covers you seem much more confident leaning in to your upper mid voice. I won't critique because it will be the same as what you have heard before and it hasn't been that long between songs, you have been a busy bee! Good job Lana 👍🏼
  • Options
    bonvie56bonvie56 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 55
    Typically superb performance! Please don't smear anything...it's not becoming of a rising star :wink: !
  • Options
    MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    I have apparently hit one of the iOS bugs. I can see you, but there is no sound.
  • Options
    Mysti said:

I have apparently hit one of the iOS bugs. I can see you, but there is no sound.

Do you see a "mute" button? click on it and then there should be sound :)
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I finally got to listening to this. Sounds great girl keep up the good work. I don’t think there’s too much reverb. If there is, there’s only a hair too much
  • Options
    @coffeecrank
    I cannot find a mute button anywhere. :(

• Options
    @coffeecrank I think it is. I don’t know how much the app costs, but that is likely the only way to make it work. I will check into it.
  • Options
    If I open a link to smule on my smartphone, it opens in its browser and is already muted...
    When I open it on PC then it starts unmuted...

How do you try to open it? Which device? Browser? @Mysti
    You definetly don´t have to get the app to listen to it.
  • Options
    It is the browser. I took a screenshot, but it does not let me upload here in the forum.

So, I tried again today and it worked just fine. Must have been some kind of glitch. It was worth the wait. Loved your voice on this song. That little run you did at the end on the last Jolene gave me chills. Very nice!