Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Nothing Else Matters (Metallica cover) by coffeecrank

Please don't hate me for posting twice, I really wanted to cover this one the moment I saw it. And yes, I called distortion, but it told me to call back later... :tongue:

https://www.smule.com/recording/metallica-nothing-else-matters-piano/2420097862_3547047877

My next stepping stone is Led Zeppelin and then GnR (but I just can't handle GnR unless it's in -4 key).

@doc_ramadani @Diego @Vocality @Wigs @cwcw @DogMeat @Raphael_Hussl @BarbieLynn @d1g2w3 @Rick_amateur @omkarpancham @maximgottmer @bonvie56 @Furious_Phil @Chris82 @shining @Maya @LumiMoon @iZak @jimmieYYM @heidianita @NickW @HuduVudu @sjonrokz4u @Duoleeva @jaclynser @Michael4000 @Mysti

Comments

• Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    You did wonderfully on this song! Metallica is one of my favorite bands of all time. Their black album was the very first album I ever purchased when I was around 11. Back in those days I used to listen to the radio with a tape recorder just to have a recording of some of my favorite songs. If you got really lucky you could record he song without the DJ talking over the into or outro lol.
  • Options
    maximgottmermaximgottmer 2.0 PRO Posts: 313
    wow you are getting better and better, nice!
  • Options
    Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    This is an excellent recording. I really enjoyed listening to it and now I'm inspired to do this song myself. Overall your vocals sound fantastic. If I have to be picky and find some things to critique:

Your pitch wavers ever so slightly in a couple of spots (my ears have become very keen to this now). For example, at 2:03 the word "do" you sing do-oo, and on the second part of do, the oo, you are slightly sharp. Listen closely a few times and you'll hear it.
    Overall your tone is a bit light on the entire song, you might want to dig a little deeper to get a little more chest and even possibly grit in there...think of the attitude of the message in the lyrics. I noticed in the very beginning you didn't seem to take a really full deep breath, make sure you're doing that on every phrase.

Overall really really good job.
  • Options
    LumiMoonLumiMoon 2.0 PRO Posts: 165
    I don't know this song but I thought it sounded great! Such great tone!
  • Options
    Gunnar364Gunnar364 2.0 PRO Posts: 26
    Wow, this one is good!

The only thing that would make it even better would be if you shifted your energy around a bit. Your singing is nice and very pleasant, but the song wouldbe enhanced if there was a bit more ebb and flow, so that some passages you sing very lightly, and others you add more power, especially the "but I know" just before the solo. That line, and some others, would be even better if you added a bit more strength, and possibly also some distortion. Oftentimes, a good song is like a movie, that evokes different feeling during different parts. Can't wait to hear your next song!