Jon Oliva
aja
2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 2
I'd love to hear an analysis of Jon Oliva's voice on Hall of the Mountain King:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOKoLiOkWWQ
He has the most distorted yet beautiful heavy sound. So I'm wondering if he's doing something harmful, to which vocal fach he belongs, and whether a high baritone could expect to sing likewise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOKoLiOkWWQHe has the most distorted yet beautiful heavy sound. So I'm wondering if he's doing something harmful, to which vocal fach he belongs, and whether a high baritone could expect to sing likewise.
Comments
-
I think he has some safe technique there but for at least half of it it sounds like he is using more air than necessary to the the sound, so that will dry your cords and damage them after a while. No idea about vocal fach, If you follow the course and apply it diligently then I see no reason why you couldn't achieve this in time. Everyone has limitations as well, you need to be realistic about what you aim for.
-
OK, thanks, that's encouraging. I'm learning that some things need to be experienced first before the theory makes sense.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
