Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Muffled Sound

When I am singing a phrased high belt such between E5 & G#5, my voice sounds muffled and I believe it should be a more relaxed clear sound! I think it may have something to do with words and not modifying the vowels correctly or maybe tongue tension! If anyone could maybe give me some advice? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    maybe your throat closes down. hard to say not being able to hear it, but witth the course, we train to maintain an open throat as much as possible. consonants get in the way, your throat will close down unless you train for it. it could also be that the back of your tongue blocks the air. if you don't have the correct vowel mod, yes this can also be the problem, try singing the song on vowels only, see if that helps, and then try to work in the consonants as little as possible. also, do daily exercises, you can always use the free YT stuff to get started
  • KilsaLoveKilsaLove Member Posts: 6
    Hi! Thank you so much for getting back me! This information really helps! I am currently saving up for the course and Ken’s YouTube videos helps me to get good information to understand the voice all for free! I have been using some exercises from the videos! Thanks again! 😄
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    cool, glad you also benefit from Ken's material! great decision to save up for the course. definitely a great investment in your voice