Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Please, check out the audio and give me feedback

I've gotta know what is lacking as far as pitch, tone go. I've been working out for a while. What should I focus on?

Answers

• Options
    Aleksooo7Aleksooo7 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 133
    Or a support issue?
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Definitely support but I only listened to about ten seconds. What you actually need to do is find kens lah scales and post yourself doing them in chest and bridging it will be easier to get a feel for what your doing than a song is
  • Options
    I'm trying those scales)but sometimes it's really hard to open up my chest voice) it sleeps)))
  • Options
    Anyway thanks) I'll try my best)
  • Options
    kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2020
    These are techniques I was taught which show improvement right off the bat. Off course, you need to be singing and practicing on a continuous basis for it to really do you good.

1. Sing on the vowels - Your oohs, aahs, eees - try to emphasize those.
    2. "Chew" your words IOW get your jaw moving and opened up.
    3. Don't try to sing a high note "on the note" - slide up into it. Ken has a video titled "How To Sing Any Song - Voice Lessons - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy" - type in that exact title - which talks about vowel sounds and transitioning up to a higher note. He of course, explains it better than I do lol.
    4. Mark where you'll be taking a breath in the song.
    5. Try to include resonance from the nasal cavity. Of course, you don't want to "live" there exclusively.
  • Options
    Thanks!)
    That's the point. Sometimes I find myself doing really well with scales, but singing a song is much more complex.
    Do we take a breath (while singing a song) through the nose or through the mouth?
  • Options
    It's really hard to do it through the nose.
    But on the other hand, doing it through the mouth dries the chords a little bit.