Is clenching the abs a bad thing?
highhopesin1989
Member Posts: 16
I've heard clenching the abs when singing can cause the throat to close/tighten and can cause nodes. is this true?
Comments
-
I dont know about nodes, but if you just clench your abs without actually using your support properly, then tension would likely result in your throat which could lead to problems.
-
Thank you. I'm pretty sure I'm using my support properly. At first my abs were really clenching but I've been working to make it so they don't clench as tightly.
-
I used to clench my abs but didn’t connect it to my voice so I wouldn’t sing anything, i basically learnt to connect my voice with my support so now it ain’t like clenching the abs it is more like a gradually light push from the abdomen the higher I go!
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
