Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

A Murder of One - Counting Crows acoustic cover - Feedback please

jasondotjjasondotj Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 51
Hello everyone. I am going to copy and paste the same background information and post a few different vocal demos on different discussions. I am hoping for honest and constructive feedback.

I got the KTVA program a few years back and worked it vigorously for over six months. I even got the old version and upgraded to 2.0 when it first came out. I felt as though I was doing okay, and even moved on to Level 2. But something wasn't quite right. I began to become frustrated with myself and the program and just left it to the side. I started focusing on other techniques and teachings, and even went to a different program. I never stopped working on my voice, but still was frustrated as I didn't feel as though I was making good progress. I even tried going back to the program last year sometime. I still did not feel like it was for me.

Anyway, I finally started to truly understand support a few months back. I realized in all honesty it did line up with what Ken was teaching, but I just couldn't quite "catch" it no matter how many times I watched the videos or perused the forums. So, I started Level 1 again a few weeks ago and I do notice a tremendous improvement and growth. I am also not shouting the vowel modifications when doing the exercises, which was something I was doing before because I could not find the proper support.

So, here I am recently doing a cover of A Murder of One by the Counting Crows, with a sort of tag of Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles near the end. Please let me know what I need to focus on in my singing journey and during the exercises. I hate the sound of my own voice so I have a hard time fully focusing on what I am doing wrong.

I should also note that up until I understood support I would store a lot of tension in my neck, shoulders, and back. I don't feel as much tension anymore. I realize I can be somewhat pitchy, but I also want feedback on my overall tone, supported sound, open throat technique, and compression. Please be kind... :blush:

https://youtu.be/W1_mkzISfL0

The video is unlisted and I am just sharing the link here for feedback. It's just my iPhone camera and microphone.

Thank you in advance,
Jason