Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Move To A Better Place Co​-​Authored w​/​Nicole Shannon

Hi,

I'm submitting this track because it's imho one of the better recent recordings of my voice. Thanks for checkin' it out B)

Comments

• Options
    kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    Don't every one yell at once ;)
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Your general pitch is ok, you stay in key, but there is fine tuning you can do to get it sounding tighter. You do sing with a bit of resonance but try opening up your vowels more to make the most of it, for example the phrase better place, there is a bit too much emphasis on the P and L in place. I haven't heard this song before so if you are copying the original then fair enough, but experiment with it and you might find it flows a bit better.
  • Options
    Wigs said:

Your general pitch is ok, you stay in key, but there is fine tuning you can do to get it sounding tighter. You do sing with a bit of resonance but try opening up your vowels more to make the most of it, for example the phrase better place, there is a bit too much emphasis on the P and L in place. I haven't heard this song before so if you are copying the original then fair enough, but experiment with it and you might find it flows a bit better.

Thanks for that~! Silly me should know better, since I've had to make adjustments along similar lines: "The" instead of THUH, "to" instead of TUH lol ~ I guess "puh-lace" didn't seem to stick out like a sore thumb to me nearly as much. But you're correct, "Sing on the vowels" is something I've been taught, and actually gave it out as advice on this very forum. So I guess I need to adhere to my own advice better, eh?

Idk what you mean by "copying the original?" But to make it clear this is an original I wrote with my wife. That's actually a minor miracle if you know her. She has a bit of a learning disability so this was a good experience for both of us.
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Ah! So being original then that's why I have no reference, let us know next time 😎 it's cool that you wrote something with your wife!
  • Options
    Wigs said:

Ah! So being original then that's why I have no reference, let us know next time 😎 it's cool that you wrote something with your wife!

That's because I changed the original link~! People kept having trouble with offline links I had been posting, so...
    https://kevinwayne.bandcamp.com/track/move-to-a-better-place-co-authored-w-nicole-shannon