Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Falsetto Problem

my falsetto has a very short range, cant keep up with my lowest head voice note. so there are some notes in a song that i cant hit with my falsetto bcs its too high , and too low for my head voice. any excersise or tips to make my falsetto thick and longer range?

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    @ravael

Falsetto and head voice are essentially the same range.

Falsetto is generally considered to be head voice with a lot of air in it, or in other words not much cord closure.

Head voice is the same range, and the main difference is you use more cord closure and have a more "reinforced" sound.

So your range capabilities should be pretty close when using either "head voice" or "falsetto".

You have to use proper support when singing in any range, and falsetto and/or head voice are no exception.

Because falsetto has more air (from less cord closure), that is most likely why you are having trouble singing the lowest head voice notes in falsetto. Your diaphragmatic support may be insufficient.