Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Is there any indication of PING and support?

It's week 3. I'm still trying to grasp support and ping. I'd appreciate honest and fair opinion)))

Comments

• doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hi @Aleksooo7,

a warm Welcome to the Forums. Since you seem to own the course you should follow these instructions to get access to the internal students' areas:

https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/categories/new-students-please-read-this

Looking forward to seeing you here very often,
    Doc
  • Aleksooo7Aleksooo7 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 133
    Hi Doc! Thanks for the warm welcome)) but unfortunately I don't own the course yet) I'm saving up to buy one the pro packs)in the meantime trying to practice bits and pieces) I'd appreciate your feedback)
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    It would be better to follow the scale that Ken does in one of his YouTube videos, I think it was a warm-up one? From this I think your ping is better than before but still some way to go to get it brighter. Your support wavered a bit while you held the note but that's not unusual for only 3 weeks. You held back your breath well though to sustain the long note, that's good!
  • Aleksooo7Aleksooo7 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 133
    edited August 2020
    Thanks a lot)it sounds encouraging)

Btw, I found out about one very interesting phenomenon. When I drop my larynx and do those scales way lower than usual - it feels that I have more freedom and space in the back of my throat and while singing I can move it up and down whenever I want, and the sound is warmer, the tone is better, the range is better and it's easier to stay on pitch.

Hopefully, I'll be able to attach the recording for you to give me your feedback.
    I'd really appreciate if you could listen to it.